For better success with your ads, 5 main points to consider:
- – illustrate your ads with pictures (minimum 1 – maximum 5 pictures/ad)
- – chose an accurate and explicit title that best describes your product or service*
- – don’t use your company’s name or website link as title of the ad
- – select the most relevant category to publish your ad in
- – don’t publish the same ad (same content, title or picture) more than once (duplicates will be removed!)
* this point is essential as this text will be used by search engines such as Google to index your ad.
It is useless to give you ad a title like “For sale” as this doesn’t really mean anything!
- Validity of ads
If you publish an ad, it will remain active for 90 days. During this period of time, you may edit it, deactivate or re-activate it as many times as you wish by accessing your private Dashboard. At the same place, you will also find the expiration date of each one of your ads.
Near the end of this period of 90 days, you will receive an automatic email alert about its expiration et you’ll be given the opportunity to re-activate it again for the same period of time of 90 days, and of course for free! Please update your ads on a regular basis and delete or deactivate those that are no more up to date!
Registration and Credentials
In order to publish a free ad, you first need to Register with a Username, Email Address and Password.
When connecting for the first time, you’ll have the opportunity to modify your Nickname (or Password) by visiting your Personal Dashboard.
Usernames and Nicknames may be the same, but only Nicknames will be shown along with your ads, if any.
Usernames (or Email Addresses) are only used for connecting to our site.
Your Email Address will never be published online.
For security reasons we recommend using a different Nickname when publishing ads.
Never publish your email along with your ad! There is a specific contact form included with each ad for visitors to contact you and this hides your email address from public eyes.
- Account activation
When you register for the first time you’ll get a confirmation email immediately and then you have to click a link for validating your registration in order to check whether your email address is valid.
But sometimes those emails end up in your SPAM folder and you do not notice them. Please check your SPAM folder and if our email notification is there you may mark it as “not spam” so that you’ll receive further email messages from us without problem. Please also check out our Help page!
- All submitted ads are held for moderation before going live
Same problem as above: please check your spam folder.
- Contacting the publisher/seller
When a visitor/buyer contacts the publisher/seller with the contact form available in all ad description pages, the publisher/seller will receive an email from us on behalf of the visitor/buyer, with his email address included so that he may reply to him directly and personally and may then follow-up on a personal level.
For this reason, please never include your email address inside your ad’s description!
- Members & ads from abroad
Posts from abroad are welcome as long as they are of interest in Cambodia and as long as they clearly state products or services are located abroad; if a member uses a fake address/location in Cambodia for an ad, it will be removed and his email address will be permanently banned!
- Avoid scams by acting locally or paying with PayPal – beware of ads located abroad!
- Never pay with Western Union, Moneygram or other anonymous payment services
- Don’t buy or sell outside of Cambodia! Don’t accept cashier cheques from abroad
- This site is never involved in any transaction, and does not handle payments, shipping, guarantee transactions, provide escrow services, or offer “buyer protection” or “seller certification”